About Me

Monday, October 26, 2009

You and I


I needed you; you weren't there
I reached for you all I felt was air
I called your name til I nearly choked
I kept calling yet no one spoke
You say you didn't know; I should've made it clear
You say you said your hand was outstretched but maybe not so near
You say you didn't hear me; so I should have yelled
You say that had you heard me you would not have failed
I say then baby why didn't you see the signs
You say how can I expect you to read my mind
I say but I let you in the way you asked to
You say but I thought that was something you weren't willing to do
I say for you I wanted to try to show you who I really was
You say I always knew you, and I loved you just because
I say then why did you leave me when I was at my lowest low
You say I had to give you space and sunlight so you could fully grow
I say where does this leave us? Is there a you and me?
You say baby if you follow I will definitely lead

No comments:

Post a Comment